Biomethane and biogas Plants
Eliopig s.r.l. offers the best technological solutions in the biogas/biomethane plants sector in order to use slurry produced by pigs, cattle and poultry farms; furthermore, the application of special hoppers allows the possible integration of silage biomasses, fruit and vegetables residues etc..
The range of biogas plants is variable depending on the customer needs; the installed electrical capacity can vary from 100 kWe up to 1000 kWe and more.
How is the biogas produced?
Biogas is a gas mixture which results from the “digestion” process of any organic, animal or vegetable material (such as zootechnical slurries and by-products) which are properly mixed and maintained in absence of oxygen at a mesophilic temperature of 38°-42°C.
Biogas has a high calorific value and it can be used to produce electricity and heat; this gas mixture contains about 50-70% of methane, while the remaining part consists of carbon dioxide and other components.
After this gas mixture has been properly dehumidified and treated, it can be used as a fuel to supply endothermic engines which produce electrical and thermal energy.
Different parts of a biogas/biomethane plant
Eliopig biogas/biometane plants consist of
- loading modules of solid biomasses with load cells and a system for the biomass introduction into the digester; the loading modules are available with different capacities (20 tons, 40 tons, 60 tons and 80 tons);
- stainless steel mixers with an inclination angle equal to 120° and a propeller which can be adjusted according to the percentage of dry matter contained in the digestate;
- digester provided with a double-layer membrane gasometer;
- biogas collection and distribution system;
- gas treatment and process instrumentation;
- medium and low-voltage electrical system;
- hydraulic system;
- cogeneration group;
- upgrading system;
- biological and chemical treatment of the H2S (hydrogen sulphide) contained in the biogas.
Biomethane production by Eliopig plants
From the biogas previously produced, Eliopig is able to separate methane from other gases, in particular carbon dioxide (CO2), thanks to an upgrading system.
There are many ways of use of these two gaseous elements:
- Methane (CH4): it can be introduced into the existing natural gas grid or used as biofuel for vehicles by means of filling stations;
- Carbon dioxide (CO2): it can be used in the food industry or as carbonic fertilizer in greenhouses; in this way the concentration value of carbon dioxide is increased and so the photosynthesis efficiency is optimized.
Biogas and biomethane plants supplied with OFMSW
During the last years, the disposal collection of household wastes has exponentially increased and thus the valorization of the Organic Fraction of Municipal Solid Wastes (OFMSW) too.
Eliopig can offer biogas and biomethane plants fully supplied with OFMSW; particularly, it uses the best technology in the two main sections that distinguish the OFMSW biogas plants from those ones supplied with slurry and by-products, they are:
- the waste pre-treatment section, where the waste is cleaned from impurities and mashed in order to be anaerobically digested;
- after the biogas/biomethane plant, Eliopig is able to transform the digestate into soil improver through the realization of a composting system.