Eliopig offers an “innovation in agriculture” through a proven technology that can give many solutions concerning the nitrogen reduction.
The objectives are to:
- Reduce the amount of nitrogen in the sewage and the hectares of Utilized Agricultural Area (UAA).
- Optimize waste energy available.
- Rationalize the electricity used.
- Do not produce wastes
- Respect the emissions limits into the air.
The nitrogen reduction plant exclusive developed by Eliopig, carries out “ammonia stripping” from the digestate produced by the anaerobic treatment of biomasses and animal sewages (biogas plants). The nitrogen stripping plant allows to reduce by more than 60% the amount of ammonia that is contained in the digestate, by means of:
- Sewage solid fraction separation (< 0.1 mm);
- air/liquid extraction in counter contact tower;
- ammonia recovery by adsorption on sulfuric acid solution in a scrubber with the production of ammonium sulphate.
The stripping plant for the nitrogen reduction consists essentially of two columns: the first one is for the stripping of ammonia by hot air, the second one is for the absorption of the ammonia stripped.
The Eliopig Nitro-Denitro plant, applicable both on the digestate and on the zootechnical slurry, is able to reach a nitrogen reduction of 70-80%, through a nitrification and successive denitrification process.
The characteristic that distinguishes the Eliopig system from the others is the oxygenation system; in other words the process does not use plates/mats placed on the bottom of the tank, which over the time become clogged, but it uses external reactors where the liquid nebulization and the introduction of microbubbles of compressed air occur. Such process gives higher efficiency in the oxygenation phase and a fast and easy maintenance by a pressure washer.